A year later…
This time last year (2016) I decided to give up my corporate job and leave the UK for 3 months of new experiences. Now I’m sat here in my bedroom having been back for months wondering if I did the right thing.
For those of you that know me, I’ve had a pretty rough summer… most of it in my head. So yesterday on my 37th birthday I started thinking, has this been a waste of a year or have I actually achieved anything?… And you know what my conclusion is? It’s the most positive one out there…
I’ve had the best year of my life!
Yes I’ve had rough patches, yes I’ve dwindled my savings, yes I’ve not yet found a job or in fact realised if I want to be a full time PT or not… But you know what it’s been one hell of a ride. I decided to write down everything I’ve achieved this year… and to say so myself “I smashed 37 out-of-the-park” and I feel fantastic… this has made me realise every little thing is an achievement, add it all up and it’s like a bloody gold medal!
My 2017 Achievements
- I QUIT my job – who else can say they’re brave enough to do that?
- I saw Vietnam – from Hanoi to Ho Chi Min, I learnt their history, I went inside a Cuu Chi Tunnel & I sailed on a junk boat in HaLong (Descending Dragon) Bay.
- I got spiritual in Cambodia – fell in love with Angkor Wat, partied in the streets of Siem Reap and caught air on a quad bike.
- I trained in Thailand – Learnt Muay Thai, lost a few inches, did the 4.4km Buddha Run in Phuket, up hill – 3 times! (Am I mad? Maybe). I also went island hopping, swam through pitch black caves and got stung by a jelly fish!
- I made international friends from Australia, Canada, Holland, Denmark and Wales!
- I explored Copenhagen, Madrid and Amsterdam
- I qualified as a Personal Trainer
- I qualified as a Boxercise Instructor
- I became a Beachbody Coach
- I’ve personal trained 4 clients to date
- I created a Clean Eating and Fitness Group on Facebook to help others
- I got a PB Deadlift – 95kg
- I got a PB Box Jump – 24 inches
- I created a matchmaking product for my friends company
- I bought Bitcoin
- I became a masi to a beautiful baby boy who I completely adore
- and finally, I found happiness within myself and for myself after a very long time… This to me is everything.
So, yes I may be left with an empty bank account, but darling I’ve experienced life in ways only I could have dreamed. Money comes and goes, yes I would love more of it… for I would travel to the moon. But doing this simple memory jogging task made me realise… this was not a waste. I did this for me, I travelled to see and I LIVED.
Some people will look at this list and say ‘wow Ush, you’ve done loads, you’ve had an amazing year’ but what they have to realise is that… I had to give up something that restricted me to achieve things which awakened me.
I think this is a task everyone should do, at some point during the year, every year… just sit and think of your achievements. You’ll realise how amazing you actually are!
Most people will go through life, living each day same as the last… Don’t fall into ‘Ground Hog Day’, be aware of what you do, because you may have a list like mine and you don’t even know it (I didn’t know it!).
Realise how fantastic you are, and smile…
Be Happy, Feel Loved